Statement of Intent

On November, between the hours of 11:11 AM and 11:11 PM (11.11.11) DivisionCollective will offer the first in a series of three projects focusing on the internet. We've created NetEscapeProject.blogspot.com as a hub to connect information via posts and links.

Members of the public (anonymous or otherwise) are invited to utilize material from anywhere on the internet (Facebook, YouTube, Google +, individual blogs, individual websites, etc.,) to disperse information and exhibit work.

Your video. Your webcast. Your podcast. Your script. Your song. Your story.


(or somebody else's)



Friday, November 11, 2011

I Hate The Media ::: You Should Too || I Like The Media ::: You Should Too

I was going to make a video.
I shot some footage.
I began to edit it.
I got excited.

Then, I realized, I'm no longer employed to make films that "make a difference." Once upon a time, I was told to make commercials for pharmaceutical companies.

The pharmaceutical companies told lies.
Pharmaceutical companies tell lies.
I was on the inside.
I polished those lies into cool, shiny pieces of glass.

I convinced you to ask your doctor for shiny glass, even when you didn't need it.
I made you think you needed it.
.The glass.

.I was good.

They wanted me to do more + a raise and a new title.
...I said NO.
They didn't understand.
I put in my two week's.

...They cried.

I was shocked.
I was confused.
I was scared.

I left that place behind.
I called the doctor.
I got some shiny glass.


///in the unfortunate even that i don't get around to editing/submitting the aforementioned video i was yapping about, i thought i'd share someone else's video. it stems from a similar, yet different (yeah, i just said that) issues of media content/information manipulation///



2011 was a busy year in global conflicts. With social media playing a role in aiding some global revolutions, do you think the concept of "Oh Dearism" still holds water???

No comments:

Post a Comment