Statement of Intent

On November, between the hours of 11:11 AM and 11:11 PM (11.11.11) DivisionCollective will offer the first in a series of three projects focusing on the internet. We've created NetEscapeProject.blogspot.com as a hub to connect information via posts and links.

Members of the public (anonymous or otherwise) are invited to utilize material from anywhere on the internet (Facebook, YouTube, Google +, individual blogs, individual websites, etc.,) to disperse information and exhibit work.

Your video. Your webcast. Your podcast. Your script. Your song. Your story.


(or somebody else's)



Friday, November 11, 2011

11.11.11 @ 1.11 or close to it

Francesca Gagliano
born: 1:10pm 1.7.85
Songwriter, Illustrator

Happy Dog Gallery Performance: 11.11.11 showdown @ 1:11pm

I was born at 1:10PM on another date that is not 11.11.11, but I enjoy knowing that I will speak respectively one minute after I was born. This is how I feel every day at 1:10PM. This isn't true. At 1:11PM, today, I will walk the half mile from Armitage|Damen to Happy Dog Gallery, which used to be next door to where my husband and I used to live. We used to live above the bar, Crocodile, the door immediately to the left of Happy Dog. Through all hours we heard people yelling Pizza and drum beats from the basement.

Most importantly though, my husband (at the time, my roommate) and I used to climb up onto our roof and see Happy Dog's roof below us. It started out with a small mural on the brick wall, then a couch outside. A few days or a month passed and a motorcycle was someone brought out onto the roof, the mural grew and soon installation work was being created. All the while, we had no idea who You people were, what Happy Dog was. So today, I will walk from Armitage|Damen one half mile to Milwaukee Avenue, enter into Happy Dog, be greeted in some respect and show my YouTube videos. I use plural because there will probably be two videos. Maybe three. I am a closet songwriter who has been closeted as a songwriter since I was 8 years old.

I would use a HomeAlone TalkBoy to record myself playing on the piano and singing. When my brothers, cousins and mother found one of my tapes and decided to listen to it, they were blown away by my hit song at the time, "Don't Forget to Bring the Luggage." I was 8 years old. Ever since I was made fun of, I played, sang and recorded in secret. Only in the past 5 years or so have I started to perform. Wow.

Peace + Thanks,

Francesca Gagliano

No comments:

Post a Comment